THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Hey Kevin feast your eyes:):):):):):):) IMG_1182.JPGIMG_1183.JPGIMG_1184.JPG Oil and garbage everywhere. Had to mop. Waiting on floor to dry. The stand wheel chock from Harbor freight is outstanding. Well worth $62.99. Fits the Rocket to a tee. Locks front wheel in place and very happy with it. Motor is on the floor but when floor drys plan on moving in lift table and assembly. Will post picks. Rigging was front to back with one jack. Brought in from the side. Much like MR HUNTS RIG. Thanks guy your rigging made sense and worked very well. Back is killing me but have beer on the way so ain't backing down.

mr hunt

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Roadster
I ride year round . This is expected in Oklahoma. if you ride. ;););););) Plan on new bolt and nut. Only this time will coat in anti seize. Believe bolt was assembled dry at factory.
I reinstall with a thin application of axel grease but mine looks brand new (so do all the rear mounts). The bike only sees about 15-20 rainy rides a year plus a couple of washes but still not a spot of corrosion

Radz94

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III Standard
Glad you finally got the engine out.
Had to work the front engine mount bolt on mine as well but finally got it.
Just split the cases today. Was at war with the cam ladder torx bolts to get to this point.

Attachments

• 20210220_181500.jpg
    20210220_181500.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210220_181453.jpg
    20210220_181453.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 24

Radz94

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III Standard
Got a novice question and don't want to appear as if I'm barging in on Sonny's thread . Hope you don't mind Sonny but we are at a similar point and intend on sending trans to Robinson.
With cases split, what should I send to Robinson? Take crank out?
What is your plan Sonny?

idk

Living Legend
Ride
Royal Enfield Bullet
I would also highly recommend puting a smear of grease on the bolt when putting it back together. I also do the same with the axles and especially with the bolts that go into the rear fender for the panier mounts etc.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Got a novice question and don't want to appear as if I'm barging in on Sonny's thread . Hope you don't mind Sonny but we are at a similar point and intend on sending trans to Robinson.
With cases split, what should I send to Robinson? Take crank out?
What is your plan Sonny?
What every they request there gonna get. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)