Instrumental panel problem

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
The magnet will never be on the crank.
A magnet will b in the two wire set up.
There is a halls efect type vss wiith more wires.
I dont know about ours if know ones answer then monday i can pull mine.
The vss trigger off the output shaft
If it is the two wire it can b checked with a scope.

Wdugan9080

.060 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
The magnet will never be on the crank.
A magnet will b in the two wire set up.
There is a halls efect type vss wiith more wires.
I dont know about ours if know ones answer then monday i can pull mine.
The vss trigger off the output shaft
If it is the two wire it can b checked with a scope.
It's a 3 wire I'm pretty sure?? Not positive, I have one I'll check later

TURBO200R4

Ride
07 rocket III classic
Got curious so pulled mine (50,000 miles) had a film wiped it off was a weak magnetize.
turn it pointed it to ground and it held a small bolt. made no difference key off key on ign.
with finger in hole i could fell the ridges that trigger it,

Wdugan9080

.060 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Got curious so pulled mine (50,000 miles) had a film wiped it off was a weak magnetize.
turn it pointed it to ground and it held a small bolt. made no difference key off key on ign.
with finger in hole i could fell the ridges that trigger it,
But what does that show that it's good or bad 🤔 sorry I didn't check the one I had in my room, went out yesterday, football 👍.
It's throwing code p1500 so it's has to be in that circuit, right??? What do you think it would be the speedo, I'd rather buy a sensor than the speedo and if it's not you have an extra sensor, I'm sure they will be discontinued sometime and they will be worth a lot 😁 that's just the way I looked at it, wish I could lend him my spare, but a used one will probably come up soon, or try that $40 one for the 675 triple

TURBO200R4

Ride
07 rocket III classic
But what does that show that it's good or bad 🤔 sorry I didn't check the one I had in my room, went out yesterday, football 👍.
It's throwing code p1500 so it's has to be in that circuit, right??? What do you think it would be the speedo, I'd rather buy a sensor than the speedo and if it's not you have an extra sensor, I'm sure they will be discontinued sometime and they will be worth a lot 😁 that's just the way I looked at it, wish I could lend him my spare, but a used one will probably come up soon, or try that $40 one for the 675 triple

i did not mean for this to b a big help just that it had a magnet.
i think that this sensor is a halls effect and all that means is that it is an on/off system as opposed to the other style that makes voltage and u can read the wave it produces of coarse the halls produces a square,
i agree that i some times replace the sensor instead of taking time to check so i can just move on.
i have heard of several speedos going bad and not a one vss going bad.
jmo